In the midst of the Covid-19, Preparing for Amazement Ministries is working hard to build and revitalize the global Christian Church. We hope you take a couple minutes to read our June newsletter and visit our website.
There are a lot of exciting new things happening in our ministry in spite of the challenges we face in the world with the Covid-19 pandemic. Some of the highlights include:
- We have shifted our focus in building and revitalizing the global Christian church to a focus on the health of churches and leaders. We aim to empower and equip churches and leaders to create lasting and transformational health.
- We have announced a series of seminars this year for church leaders. You can read more here.
- We have launched our church revitalization network which will include 3 different networks for leaders and churches. You can learn more here.
- We have a new YouTube page where we will post all of our educational videos and more. Check it out!
- Right now we are looking for 200 new donors to pledge to give 200 a year starting in 2020, our 200@200 campaign has begun.
Leadership guru Patrick Lencioni notes that ‘organizational health trumps everything.’ No leadership axiom has proven to be more true in my lifetime.
As we seek to build and revitalize the global church, our primary focus is on empowering and equipping churches and leaders to create lasting and transformational health.
Each week, we hear painful stories from churches and leaders about the unhealthy nature of ministries around the world. No church or leader sets out to be unhealthy, yet it is far more common that one would think. In fact, some of the stories we hear would be comical for how unbelievable they are if they were not so devastating.
Our effectiveness as leaders, especially in the long-term, is tied directly to our health: spiritually, physically, emotionally, intellectually, mentally, familial, and relationally.
As churches (and any other organization) our effectiveness, even our survival, depends on our health. Nobody wants to be a part of a toxic church or organization. Health trumps all when it comes to the success of an organization. Health trumps resource, staff, location, mission, vision, product, service, and any other factor you can think of.
Being healthy as a leader, church or organization does not happen on accident. It does not happen naturally either; it takes intentional effort and systems. Ultimately, to be healthy as a leader, church, or other organization, a culture of health must be established and maintained.
In these challenging times in our country and world, the church and its leaders are poised to provide hope and healing, but only if we can get healthy.
We hope you can partner with us in this mission by becoming one of our ministry heroes.
Stories of Transformation
Below is an unedited testimony from a pastor from Brazil.~Andre Vogel, Brazil
“The seminar on “Leading through Change” is very insightful for pastors and leaders who serve in established congregations that aim to become more missional in their local contexts. Moreover, Marcus’ networking through this organization will enable seminarian students like me to have the same opportunity to intern in American congregations, gaining cross-cultural experience that will impact their future ministries in their home countries.”
By the Numbers
- We have connected with over 100 churches and pastors in the last month to provide Covid-19 support!
- We could fund our full dream budget for our ministry with: 1600 new donors at $15 a month, or 1500 new donors at $200 a year or 250 donors at $100 a month!
- As our international training trips get rescheduled, we will be providing regular updates!
Right now we have the following needs:
Select us as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile!
-Getting the word out-share our tweets, facebook posts, website.
-Connections. We are looking for individuals, businesses, churches and organizations with whom we can connect to share about our ministry.
-Participation in our 200@200 campaign! Our 200@200 campaign for the rest of 2020 is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the world. We are looking for 200 heroes to come alongside us by pledging at least 200 to our work for the rest of 2020. We would love for you to consider being one of those heroes. Give here.
PO Box 479, Garrett, IN 46738
Ways to Give
We are able to take financial gifts through the following means:
- Via mail (checks) at PO Box 479, Garrett, IN 46738
- In person (cash, checks, credit/debit cards)
- Online (checking, credit/debit cards) via Thrivent (one-time gifts) & PayPal (one-time and monthly gifts)
- Online via Venmo (checking, credit/debit cards) @amazed15
- Online via our Facebook Page (checking, credit/debit cards) @amazed15.org
We accept gifts from individuals, businesses, foundations, churches and other organizations.